BBs & Pellets
BBs & Pellets
Do you need help figuring out which BBs your airsoft gun needs? Here are a few guidelines to help:
- Heavier BBs are recommended for more powerful airsoft guns to increase accuracy.
- Metal gear AEGs should use .20 gram BBs or heavier, high polish, competition grade BBs.
- Bolt action snipers should use .28 gram BBs or higher for higher accuracy.
- Greater BB weight increases airsoft gun accuracy but lowers velocity.
- Less expensive guns ($50 or less range) generally use .12 gram BBs
- 0.20g BBs are an all around good choice for the majority of airsoft guns that shoot in the 250-370 FPS range. They are also the most economical choice.
- 0.25g BBs are normally more accurate than 0.20g BBs but they don't shoot quite as far. We recommend these for airsoft guns that shoot in the 350-425 FPS range.
- 0.30g BBs are an excellent choice for Sniper Rifles that chrono over 425 FPS. They perform much better over long distances and are less affected by wind due to the heavier weight.
- Biodegradable BBs, also called Bio BBs, are a great green alternative for your airsoft gun. They are made out of a specially compressed biodegradable fiber and then coated with resin that breaks down when it is exposed to the elements. They are also available in a variety of weights!
Airsoft Station carries a massive variety of BBs available in multiple weights, composition, and color. There are a few basic guidelines players should follow when choosing BBs for their airsoft gun, but should be used only as a reference point until you find what is best for you. Electric airsoft rifles that have metal gearboxes should use at least 0.20g BBs for increase range and accuracy with less risk of BBs breaking apart within the AEG. Heavier weighted BBs (0.25g - 0.30g) are recommended for high velocity rifles and bolt action sniper rifles. BBs heavier than 0.30g should only be used in high powered gas guns or sniper rifles, as they prove to be most effective. Although heavier BBs reduce your overall FPS, your accuracy greatly increases. Low powered airsoft guns and airsoft guns on the cheaper side (less than $50) generally use 0.12g BBs to achieve similar performance as higher powered guns. Large sizes and bulk deals are available for players who want to stock up and avoid future shipping costs, perfect for any budget. Biodegradable BBs are readily available and are an environmentally friendly option when it comes to outdoor warfare. Bio BBs are made from a specially compressed biodegradable fiber which is heat cated in resin, naturally breaking down over time when exposed to natural elements. It’s always important to check the rules and regulations of each airsoft event you attend, as some places require all players to use biodegradable BBs. Multiple colors are available for all BB weights, providing improved visibility in all light conditions and environments. We also carry BBs that are compatible with tracer units that illuminate either green or red at night or dark areas. BBs that come in a resealable bottle are perfect for quickly loading speed loaders and magazines, while a bag may prove easier to store for some. Being caught out on the battlefield without ammo can only result in a quick elimination, so stock up on everything you need for those extended skirmishes and pick yourself up your preferred choice for BBs from Airsoft Station.