Don't know what weight of BBs your gun needs? Here are a few guidelines:
- We recommend using heavier BBs for more powerful airsoft guns for greater accuracy.
- Metal gear AEGs should use .20 gram or heavier, high polish, competition grade BBs.
- Bolt action snipers should .28 gram BBs or higher for higher accuracy.
- Greater BB weight increases accuracy but lowers velocity.
- Less expensive guns ($50 or less range) should generally use .12 gram BBs
- 0.20g BBs are an all around good choice for most airsoft guns that shoot in the 250-370 FPS range. They are also the most economical choice.
- 0.25g BBs are more accurate than 0.20g BBs but don't shoot quite as far. We recommend these for airsoft guns that shoot in the 350-425 FPS range.
- 0.30g BBs are an excellent choice for Sniper Rifles that chrono over 425 FPS. They perform much better over long distances and are less affected by wind.
- Biodegradable BBs, also called Bio BBs, are a great environmentally friendly alternative choice for your airsoft gun. They are made out of a specially compressed biodegradable fiber and coated with resin that breaks down when exposed to the elements. They are available in a variety of weights!